Our fifth weekly guest mix celebrating #ONEPHATDECADE comes from good friend and fellow funky house podcaster, DJ Paul Velocity.
Back in 2005, when I started producing the One Phat DJ Podcast, there were very few other DJs embracing the newly discovered broadcast channel. Many heavyweight DJs and producers weren’t entirely sure what it meant and how it would impact the music scene. It turned out though I wasn’t alone.
I noticed in the iTunes music podcast charts a few other DJs who were keen to jump on the bandwagon, one of whom was Paul Velocity. He was also keen to join the fun, delivering regular mixes to the growing audiences and share the love of house music. Paul and I have very similar tastes and backgrounds in house music so it was really interesting to learn from each other what was happening. We even recorded an interview many moons ago – if we can dig it out from the archives, we’ll be sure to share it here.
Fast forward 10 years and he’s kindly produced a classics mix of some sublime funky/disco/vocal house tracks for us all to enjoy. There are some stand-out tracks from the past 10 years we’ve both supported which are great to hear. I’m sure you won’t be disappointed.
Download#ONEPHATDECADE with DJ Paul Velocity
- Sawtooth & Sine – Be Good (Sawtooth & Sine Piano Mix)
- Soulsearcher – I Can’t Get Enough (Joe Castellanos Deep Disco Mix)
- Jon Craig ft Nicola S – Totally Fine (Jon Craig & Nick Hussey Mix)
- Byron Stingily – Get Up (Everybody) (Steve Mac Remix)
- Alison Limerick – Where Love Lives (Soulshaker Club Mix)
- Freemasons ft Siedah Garrett – Rain Down Love (Julien Kern Remix)
- Bob Sinclair – New New New (Avicii Remix)
- DJ Zimmo – Disco Bizness (Original Mix)
- John Gold – DIS.CO
- Radiovinyl – Fall Again (Dirty Freek Remix)
- Anhanguera – 4 All The Gangstas (Mark Funk remix)
- Soul Power ft MJ White – Back To Me (Rhythm Rockerz Mix)
- K KLass ft Candi Staton – Musical Freedom