It’s that time of the month again when I get my headphones on and mix together the funky house tracks that are doing it for me at the moment.
Plain and Simple went down quite well but it had some really good material to support it. This month has taken a slightly different route. I start off with some “bigger” tracks, move on into a slightly twisted sound then finish off with some more soulful tracks. I have put in a track which some might suck their teeth at – a reproduction of Man In The Mirror by Michael Jackson. It is a bit cheesy but I’m a huge fan of the original and I’m a b*tch for MJ remixes so it had to get a play.
So without further ado (and rambling), I present to you the first mix of “Two Thousand And Six“. Of course, those subscribed to the podcast will automatically get it – if not, you can download it directly from Funky House Tunes. There is also a CD cover which you can download and print off if you want.
Below you will find the complete tracklisting. I’ve supplied links to other websites where you can purchase the tracks if you require. Some are legal downloads, some vinyl. If you want to do a quick Google search for alternative suppliers, hit the “G” link after each track.
- Heather Headley – In My Mind (Freemasons Vocal Club Mix) (G)
- LMC ft New Radicals – You Get What You Give (Raul Rincon Remix) (G)
- Beatchuggers ft Rahmlee – Soulshaker (ATFC Mix) (G)
- Beastie Boys vs Pearn & Bridges – Alive (Whitelabel Club Mix) (G)
- Missy Elliott – Teary Eyed (ATFC Club Mix) (G)
- Burning Divaz – I’m Attracted To You (Paul Harris Remix) (G)
- ATFC ft Inaya Day – Reach Out To Me (Haji & Emanuel Remix) (G)
- Rhythme Fatal ft Redd Angel – Man In The Mirror (Club Mix) (G)
- Brand New Heavies – Surrender (DJ Bomba & The Soulseekerz Remix) (G)
- Angie Stone – I Wasn’t Kidding (Vocal Club Mix) (G)
- Third Member – Let Everything Drop (Original Mix) (G)
- D Smith – Its Hard (Club Mix) (G)
- Meck – Thunder In My Heart Again (Starlet DJs Dub Mix) (G)
If you enjoy the mix, please leave a comment. Even if you don’t like it, I want to hear from you. The downloads on my mixes are going mental but I don’t hear much back from anyone apart from my mates. Let me know where you’re from and how you found the mix. Tell me what you honestly think.
(Coincidentally, I am thinking of improving the podcast with some comments and thoughts from listeners and myself. If you want to be included in the podcast, record a little comment and send it to mail [at] simonjobling [dot] com.)