Well, another month has flown by and so that means only one thing – it’s time for another dose of One Phat DJ!
Last month was a little quiet on the funky house scene and material was a little scarce for promotion but the artists and labels have got their winter gloves on and started releasing some hot new material for next month’s Miami Winter Music Conference. You might notice a repeat performance from ATFC and Inaya Day with their track ‘Reach Out To Me’ but I think you need to hear the original mix to fully appreciate the quality of this track (no offence to Haji & Emmanuel – you guys rock too!)
With the new year in full swing too, it’s time to introduce a new format to the One Phat DJ podcasts. Not only will I be showcasing some of the biggest tracks released, I will be diving in to my record box and pulling out some oldies for you too. One Phat Tune is any tune from the last ten years that I feel is worthy of a replay and One Phat Classic is anything from the past that kicks ass and deserves some airplay. Let me know what you think of these and what you would like to hear in the future.
Below are the tracklistings of Funkin’ February, followed by a direct link to download the mix.
- Boogie Pimps – The Music In Me (Club Mix)
- Lovemakers – This Feeling (Original Mix)
- One Hit Wonder – Grace of God (Serial Diva Remix)
- Housonic Grooves – Free Love 06 (Original)
- ATFC ft Inaya Day – Reach Out To Me (Original)
- Meck – Thunder In My Heart Again (Hott 22 Vocal Mix)
- Sugar Caine pres Bionic Phunk – In My Head (Playmaker Vocal Edit)
- Anthony Acid ft Ruby – Sweat (Cella Dwellers Remix)
- One Phat Tune: The Goodfellas – Soul Heaven (Pasta Boys + Bini & Martini Mix)
- One Phat Classic: Staxx – Joy (Original)
Download Funkin’ February from FunkyHouseTunes.com (41.1MB)
Obviously, let me know what you think – the tunes, the mix, the classics – I want to hear from you. If you have any requests, put them in!
By the way, I’ve taken the compression rate of the mix down this month to 96kbps to make the downloads quicker for you and to save some bandwidth for me. If you would like a higher quality version, please let me know and I’ll sort you out.