I don’t think there has ever been so much anticipation just for a One Phat DJ mix ever before but this month seems to have had people from all over the globe asking me when the “April” mix is due. Well, for all those requests out there, I can now put you all at ease. I present to you the 12th installment of One Phat DJ’s podcast – Beats For Easter.
It’s been a mixed bag of tracks released this month. Several interesting new releases that you will find in this month’s mix include a cover of a track that Shola Ama certainly made famous back in 2000 “Sweetest Taboo” as well as Alex Party’s “Don’t Give Me Your Life”. There’s also the re-release of last year’s dance anthem “Most Precious Love” which has got some funky treatment from those UK producers Freemasons.
Something else you might notice in this month’s mix are some awesome soundbites that I’ve been generously donated. Those sexy “One Phat …” bites are compliments of Clare Ewing – fiánce of my DJ friend from Manchester, DJ Cruze (who also podcasts his favourite funky house tunes weekly). Big thanks to you guys for your help and all the best for the wedding this Summer.
- ATFC – Spread Love (Vocal Love Mix)
- Stephanie B – Sweetest Taboo (Jack Mccord Remix)
- Blaze ft Barbara Tucker – Most Precious Love (Freemasons Proper Club Mix)
- Cresbo – Dont Give Me Your Life (Sugarfunk Mix)
- Noir – My Mtv (Ian Carey Remix)
- Underground Movement ft Stanford – Shake (Club Mix)
- Juan Magan & Victor Magan – Dancing Loving (Original Mix)
- FM Groove ft Dee Holloway – Say It (Layabouts Vocal Club Mix)
- Musical Solution pres The Dynamic Duo ft Pete Si – Superhero (Original Mix)
- One Phat Tune: Shapeshifters – Lola’s Theme (ATFC’s Jive For Jezebel)
- One Phat Classic: Powerhouse ft Duane Harden – What You Need (Full Intention Power Mix)
If you have any comments or requests, let me know! If you are after the High Quality version of the mix, you can download it directly from funkyhousetunes.com (86.5MB).
Finally, for all you taking a break this weekend, Happy Easter. Enjoy your weekend whether you are chilling, partying or spending time with your family – I’m sure you can fit in an hours worth of One Phat DJ.